Our Book Cover

Vogue Spring Summer 2008

Vogue Spring Summer 2008
Mesh Tank #30

Monday, June 16, 2008

New Project

Just because I design doesn't mean I design everything I knit. When I have been working on a lot of my own designs, I like to relax by knitting up a pattern that someone else has written. I just want to knit without too much thinking. It is my way of appreciating other designers and their work.
Right now I have started up a summer top using Berroco Bonsai (bamboo, my new favorite fiber). I am using an old pattern from my vintage stash; which includes patterns from the 20's-90's. This pattern is from the 80's but looks very current in style. The only thing I am changing on this is to do a little shaping in the body so that it goes in at the waist a bit.
I just love finding a new and current yarn when the yarn called for is no longer made-it is like a treasure hunt.
Well I am off to knit and I will post a photo when it is finished.

No comments: